250 gms Sabudana (Sago pearls)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp finely cut green chillies
1 softly boiled potato, chopped in cubes
3 tsp crushed peanuts
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tsp ghee (vegetable oil)
1 tsp chopped coriander for garnish
1. Soak the sago pearls in water overnight. The quantity of water should be about two horizontal fingers higher than the sago level. The Sago pearls will soak up all the water and become soft and fluffy overnight.
2. Take a wok and add ghee or oil, cumin seeds, chopped green chillies and boiled potato cubes.
3. Add the soaked Sago pearls and stir well.
4. Add salt, sugar and crushed peanuts and again stir well.
5. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes till the sago is completely cooked. Garnish with chopped coriander.
6. Serve it either with lemon, fresh grated coconut or a cucumber relish (chopped cucumber mixed with curd)